[Dixielandjazz] Washboard Rhythm Kings

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 12 16:25:56 PST 2011

Charles Moizeau wrote:
> My memory is less trustworthy than years ago, but I recall a 10" LP on Label X (RCA Victor) entitled , I believe, "Washboard Rhythm Kings".

Dear Charles,
Nothing wrong with your memory.
"Washboard Rhythm Kings. Volume 1" was part of the RCA-Victor "X" Vault Originals 10'' LP series, started in 1954.
The WRK LP  catalogue no. was LVA-3021.
I had them all, but they have been long since replaced by CD reissues of the same material.
The great thing about the series was that Victor dug out a lot of previously unissued material from its archive.
The series ran to No. 3040, but five scheduled LPs were not released.
Very kind regards,
Bill.