[Dixielandjazz] South Rampart Street Parade

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:15:02 PST 2011

While it was not of a musical nature, I have a vivid recollection of some of
Steverino's "man-on-the-street" interviews which were part
of his 75th birthday celebration telecast on PBS several years ago

I think my favorite was when he was asking passers-by if they would vote for
someone who openly declared that they were a heterosexual.

The responses were hilarious.

While I didn't see it, I understand that before he had "The Tonight Show",
he was once called upon to sit in for Arthur Godfrey on his Talent Scouts
show which was telecast live.

Godfrey was always ridiculing his sponsor, Lipton so Steve, during the time
allotted for a commercial took a ukelele, purported to have been Godfrey's
and mixed Lipton tea and chicken noodle soup in it.

I don't think television will  get to see the likes of he and Ernie Kovacs
ever again.........true innovators.who were never afraid to go where no one
had gone before.

Tides
HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?