[Dixielandjazz] If Ever I Cease to Love

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 10:25:20 PST 2011

Hi Dave,

I loved that Youtube of the Zenith Brass Band.  Thanks for posting it.

For those of you on Facebook here is a link to my "Really Old Records" Facebook page where I posted scans of the picture sleeve and labels of a 1954 Southland 78 of "If Ever I Cease to Love" and the flip side "King Zulu Parade":

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Really-Old-Records/113492545338506?ref=search

  There is a link below each label scan which will play the tune.  On the picture sleeve the origin of the song as Mardi Gras theme is related.  The band includes Johnny Wiggs on cornet, Raymond Burke on clarinet, Emile christian on trombone and Paul Barbarin playing drums with that parade feel.

I hope you enjoy it in the spirit of Mardis Gras.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records