[Dixielandjazz] Seeking members of Desolation Jazz Ensemble

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Tue Mar 8 19:37:23 PST 2011

I've just remastered "Live and in Choler," the 1979 LP by the World
Famous Desolation Jazz Ensemble and Mess Kit Repair Battalion, to
CD.  Not the greatest jazz you'll ever hear, but K. O. Eckland's
liner notes are worth the price of admission.  He died in 2009, but
if fellow DJML members can put me in touch with other members of the
band on that recording, I'll offer them copies.  They are

Dave Caparone, tb
Marty Frazier, cnt
Dennis Jackman, tuba
Hank McKee, bjo