[Dixielandjazz] Riverside recordings

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 4 16:39:41 PST 2011

I seem to remember that some Riverside recordings were available as legal
meaning alas need to be paid for downloads from CONCORD.  A friend of mine in
USA managed to find me the Elmer Snowden banjo session with Cliff Jackson on
piano

There are also some amazing tracks by Snowden on acoustic guitar on a set of
duets with Lonnie Johnson, Snowden apparently asking Johnson "do you remember
this one?" and the two of them duetting beautifully -- I think these ones were
from Prestige but through the remarketing of both labels by Fantasy / Original
Jazz Classics they came to Concord -- and there was no other sign of the
Snowden-Jackson CD beyond the site where I found it and from which I got the
download.

OI course numbers of these things turn up from odd corners of the Amazon.co.uk
and amazon.com tributaries variously new or remaindered or or or

But of course you have to know what names you're looking after, before you can
google old Riversides.