[Dixielandjazz] 'Swonderful Gershwin Legacy This Week on Riverwalk Jazz

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 09:23:56 PDT 2011

The music of George Gershwin has "Made in the USA" stamped all over
it. Coming of age in the 1920s and '30s in New York City, Gershwin
wrote music for a new generation of Americans. Dick Hyman—a brilliant
pianist, composer and arranger of film scores, ballet and Broadway
shows—joins The Jim Cullum Jazz Band this week to celebrate George
Gershwin's works.

The show features the legendary Dick Hyman. I hope you recognize that name.

More here:

http://www.riverwalkjazz.org/jazznotes/swonderful/

Comments welcome on our Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/riverwalkjazz. Join the party!

mopo