[Dixielandjazz] Dick Knutson...RIP

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 17:55:50 PDT 2011

In a message dated 6/27/2011 3:31:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gary at kiser.org writes:

I  crossed paths with Dick many a time back in my radio days in the 80s.
He did make things happen.  My best wishes to his family and  friends.

Ok, Dick, go toot your trombone with ol' Gabriel, but "Don't  play
Hindustan !!"

-Gary

Traveling with Dick and the band to Europe for Jazz Dagen when Larry Wright
 was playing with them is one of my all time favorite memories. We drove
out to  Arizona for rehursels many times before the trip and always stayed at
Dicks  house where we really had a great times, a wonderful host and an all
around  great guy. He will be missed.

Jazz Hugs

Judie