[Dixielandjazz] No problem with vanity CDs, if....

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jun 20 12:10:46 PDT 2011

Norm,

I can't believe the statement by Ken Dryden, jazz journalist :

> Note: CDs with rappers, . . . . are discarded without further comment at my house,

How long does it take to take the clear plastic wrap off of a CD with your fingernail or a little cutter made for that job?  How many really good recordings does he miss?

Let's see, if he receives 800 CDs a year, that is aprox 2.1917808 CDs a day.  At aprox 5-seconds to take the shrink wrap off of a CD, it would take 10.958904 seconds out of his time per day to perhaps find a real gem that he otherwise would miss.

Hmmmmm.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Help a man when he is in trouble, and he will remember you when he is in trouble again."