[Dixielandjazz] Climax Jazz Band with Dick Cary video "Magnolia's Wedding Day"

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:11:18 PDT 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHM2t7aUfM

>From the posted info:

Magnolia's Wedding Day Climax JB -- Dick Cary

Climax Jazz Band in a 1978 TV show featuring alto player Dick Cary.
Dick Cary was the first pianist in Louis Armstrong's All Stars
Already in the late fifties in the Netherlands when I started
collecting jazz LP's some of my favourrites were these Eddie Condon
recordings. In many Dick Cary was on piano and on occasion he played
the Eb alto horn. With a beautiful tone and with these fabulous
counterpoint improvisations he became one of my jazz heroes.
It was of course an enormous honor and thrill to be able to have him
play with our band on a TV show. Magnolia's Wedding Day is pleasant
tune to improvise through. Much later I realized that the bridge
should have a different chord structure. However Dick didn't know the
tune and therefore all went fine and smooth. One of the favourite film
clips in my collection.