[Dixielandjazz] Help needed on a Bob Crosby recording

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sun Jun 19 07:19:39 PDT 2011

I have a cheapie CD ("Jazz" - Time Music TMI016) and one of the tracks is Bob Crosby's "South Rampart Street Parade". As usual with the cheapies there's no discographical information, so I'm wondering which this version is. As far as I know, Crosby recorded two versions, 1937-11-16 and 1939-01-23. There's a clarinet solo that might well be Irving Fazola, thus pointing to the later version, but I'm no expert on Crosby nor Fazola, so I'm still in the dark.

If any of you knowledgeable listmates can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Cheers

Bob Smith