[Dixielandjazz] The Jiffy Condom Van - was changingmeterd

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:58:15 PDT 2011

On 13 June 2011 23:29, Stephen G Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:
Your friend was not that far off target, Steve!
When Eddie Condon played in Argentina, they did not allow his name on
the posters, as in Spanish the word for 'condom" is "condon."  So it
was in Polish when I still lived there - they have since adopted
"condom."  By the way, in Polish both are spelled with a "k" -
"kondon," "kondom" (ptherwise they would have been pronounced with the
"ts" sound).
Cheers