[Dixielandjazz] New web protocol {Was: RE: Fw: Of all the wrong you've done to me}

Jerry Gordon jerrygordon at juno.com
Wed Jun 8 08:10:59 PDT 2011

I happened upon this just a few hours ago:

Are you ready for coming changes to the Internet?

IPv4 is the basis for all modern network communication. Without it, the
Internet would grind to a halt. Unfortunately, IPv4 addresses are almost
exhausted.

A new standard, IPv6, will solve this problem. However, it isn't being
adopted very quickly. That's why Google and others are holding World IPv6
Day.

Major websites are activating IPv6 versions of their sites. This is like a
test run for IPv6. It will reveal what problems with IPv6 need to be solved.

You shouldn't notice much of a difference. However, that could be because
your Internet connection isn't IPv6-ready. This site will tell you if you're
ready for the transition.

test-ipv6.com <http://test-ipv6.com/>

Jerry Gordon

Troy, NY