[Dixielandjazz] "Fingers" Carr/Lou Busch

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sun Jun 5 14:36:26 PDT 2011

At 03:00 PM 6/5/2011, you wrote:

Marek, you may be conflating two stories.  As others have mentioned,
it seems pretty clear that Fingers Carr = Lou Busch.  However, the
time the Fingers Carr records were coming out, there were also many
similar records by "Knuckles" O'Toole, which were, indeed, recorded
by different pianists, chief among whom was the redoubtable (and
still going!) Dick Hyman.  Bill Edwards has comprehensive info about
honky-tonk piano at http://www.perfessorbill.com/ragtime11.shtml.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org