[Dixielandjazz] The Emperor

domitype domitype at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:03:05 PDT 2011

As Jim should know, even though Emperor Norton WAS bonkers, he had the amused respect of the population of Northern California - he was popular with tourists and his proclamations were reported in many newspapers.  thousands turned out for his funeral parade and a well attended remembrance ceremony is held every year at his gravesite in Colma, CA.

More here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

David Richoux