[Dixielandjazz] The Dukes

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 22 14:22:50 PDT 2011

Those that practised along with the Firehouse - did you wear the outfits
too?

By the way I played along with Colyer, Barber, Eureka, Bunk & George - later
Navarro & Clifford.

I sat in my bedroom in full Eureka Brass Band uniform! My mother danced
around with Umbrella whilst Father played the Grand Marshall.

Steve Barbone was lucky - I'd like to have been alongside him listening to
Wild Bill.

We could have worn the Firemen's outfits - wonder what Condon would of made
of that.

I'd choose the Spanier dixieland group of 1939 as an example for younger up
and coming musicians.

That's enough for now.

Richard