[Dixielandjazz] I like the Dukes of Dixieland!

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Jul 22 08:50:27 PDT 2011

I happen to like the Firehouse 5 better than the Dukes.  I had LPs of both
when a teen.  I can't really put my finger on why I like the Firehouse 5
over the Dukes either.  Favorite trombone players (I play trombone) are Kid
Ory and J.C. Higginbotham's 20s-30s recordings, and Stan Vincent currently.
Favorite cornet/trumpet are Armstrong , Oliver, and Geo. Mitchell
historically and Tony Pringle currently.  Yes, two members of the New Black
Eagles are among my faves.  I think the Black Eagles is the best band
currently playing.

Ron L