[Dixielandjazz] Louis and the Dukes of Dkxkieland

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 21 15:08:59 PDT 2011

> Marek Boym asked Steve Barbone:
> Are you saying this is additional material not previously issued on LP?

Dear Marek and Steve,
I have searched the SRI site, but found the information lacking full details.
Based on what I did find, it seems that the Dukes with Louis ARE the previously issued 1959-60 versions we all know and love.
But why the 'Lost Treasures' claim?
A  bargain-priced 3CD (45 track) set of the 'Complete' Louis with the Dukes (including the master and all alternate takes) was released in Europe in 2007 by Essential Jazz Classics (EJC 55404).
I have this set, plus the original LP.
The same 3CD set is currently available on Solar Records 4569905 at Worlds Records, Novato CA, for US$30.
Why they are allegedly "lost treasures", I have no idea.
Very kind regards,
Bill.