[Dixielandjazz] Louis and the Dukes of Dkxkieland

Jerry Brown jazzjerry at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 21 15:12:24 PDT 2011

The issue on SRI looks rather shoddy compared with the recently released triple
CD set on the Spanish "Solar" label which it self is a re-release of the albums
on another Spanish label. This has a total of 45 tracks and 174 minutes and
includes all the master takes plus 20 alternates. This comes with comprehensive
notes and excellent sound quality.

For information the tracks details are pasted below.

Cheers,

Jerry Brown
Norwich,
U.K.

Track Listing for Complete Louis Armstrong & Dukes of Dixieland (3CD)
CD1 - The Master Takes
01 Bourbon Street Parade 3:09
02 Back O’ Town Blues 4:02
03 Sweethearts On Parade 4:29
04 Dippermouth Blues 2:33
05 Riverside Blues 4:27
06 Bill Bailey 2:54
07 Someday You’ll Be Sorry 4:04
08 Struttin’ With Some Barbeque 5:10
09 I Ain’t Gonna Give Nobody None Of My Jelly Roll 4:44
10 Cornet Chop Suey 2:13
11 The Bucket’s Got A Hole In It 2:15
12 Muskrat Ramble 4:06
13 Bye And Bye 3:20
14 Nobody Knows The Troubles I’ve Seen 4:48

CD2 : Total Time: 63:32
The Master Takes
01 South 3:37
02 Washington And Lee Swing 3:49
03 Avalon 4:47
04 New Orleans 3:02
05 That’s A Plenty 3:50
06 Just A Closer Walk With Thee 4:19
07 Dixie 3:53
08 The Sheik Of Araby 3:28
09 Wolverine Blues 4:19
10 Sweet Georgia Brown 3:53
11 Limehouse Blues 3:28
The Alternate Takes
12 Bourbon Street Parade 3:18
13 Back O’ Town Blues 4:00
14 Sweethearts On Parade 5:28
15 Dippermouth Blues 2:30
16 Riverside Blues 4:23

CD3: - The Alternate Takes
01 Bill Bailey 2:57
02 Someday You’ll Be Sorry 4:08
03 I Ain’t Gonna Give Nobody None Of My Jelly Roll 4:51
04 Cornet Chop Suey 2:17
05 The Bucket’s Got A Hole In It 2:17
06 South 3:41
07 Avalon 6:25