[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 103, Issue 33

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 21 08:38:19 PDT 2011

> Nita Hemeter <nhemeter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
>     In case you missed David Letterman last night, here you
> go....enjoy!!
>
> Nita Hemeter
> NO Trad Jazz Camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZflO132rEg&feature=share

Dear Nina:

Thank you for posting that wonderful performance. I hope list mates
read all the comments on the site so far. Seems those who watched it
LOVED it. And why not? IMHO, Preservation Hall is THE MOST POPULAR
Trad Jazz Band in the World. And this crossover version of "I'll Fly
Away" with Del McCoury swung mightily in my ears.

Maybe we should all add violin & fiddle etc.,. and combine with
Western Swing. Might just be a good way to gain audience.<grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband