[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Henry 'Red' Allen with the Alex Welsh Band

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:06:09 PDT 2011

Haven't seen Roy in a while.  A few (well, quite a few) years ago he
had a band named The Israel Jazz Ensemble, and also lead a youth band
of the city of Holon (just south of Tel-Aviv).
Roy Crimmins was a wonderful player.  I don't underestimate Sir Roy,
and agree with Ross that he is one of the best in the world, but
nevertheless I prefer the Welsh band with Crimmins to the later
edition.
Cheers