[Dixielandjazz] U.S. Coastguard Band

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jul 18 23:21:20 PDT 2011

I attended a concert in the park by the U.S. Coastguard Band.  They were finishing up a 18 day tour.  They were in Formosa, or somewhere such as that.  This was the big band from the Coastguard HQs from MD or somewhere back there at the academy.

They were very good and put on a great show.  During the intermission, instead of taking a break, 7 of them formed a Dixieland Band and played.  They were pretty good.  They played "Way Down Yonder In NO", "Tin Roof Blues" and "Swing That Music."  They were having fun.  I'll bet it is a nice break for them to be able to stretch out a bit.  That is why they gave up their break, to play Jazz.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

The red cross knocked at my door asking if I could help towards the floods in Pakistan.
I said I would love to, but my hose only reaches the bottom of the driveway.