[Dixielandjazz] Attn. All Members

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Jul 18 23:10:23 PDT 2011

Bill Haesler wrote regarding posts showing up late on DJML:

> On 13/07/2011, at 10:08 AM, David Marchant wrote........
>
> Dear All,
> What is happening??
> That one is 6 days late.
> It was immediately followed by a repeat of Gary Kiser's Anachronic Jazz Band videos' post of the same date.
> Then the 'Bob Byler inquiry" dated 16 July and Rebecca Thompson's 'Lionel Ferbos' comment dated 14 July.
> Where have they been?
> Just wondering.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Bill and Listmates,

We can get this confirmed by Dave Haupt who is the assistant DJML Moderator.  Dave please correct me if I am mistaken.

I suspect that the emails that Bill refers to were held by the DJML software for the Moderator's review.  I'm sure Dave saw them and released them.

One reason posts get held is that if someone who is not a member posts to DJML.  If the software does not recognize the email address from whence the post comes, it will automatically hold the post.  This prevents SPAM by people who are not members.

Once in a while a member of DJML will post using a different email address.  Even though the poster is a member, The software doesn't recognize the email address and holds the post for review.

Sometimes the software will hold an email if it is too long.

There might be other reasons.  If so, Dave can enlighten us.

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator