[Dixielandjazz] New Capital Focus Jazz Band video

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jul 16 06:55:50 PDT 2011

At the beginning of July I wrote on DJML that the Capital Focus Jazz Band
joined us for an evening of music at a local club in Madrid.  These young
musicians are from Washington D.C., and were on their way to Barcelona for 3
concerts there.

I posted two videos already showing the band playing on their own.  Here is
another video that one of the waiters filmed, showing our band, Canal
Street, playing with as many musicians from the other band that could fit in
the tiny area at one time.  The song is Sweet Georgia Brown.

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiN6ONfb7s>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiN6ONfb7s  The video begins with a shared
solo between 3 trombones, followed by the Capital Focus trumpeter on solo.

Although all the musicans can't be seen well in the video, there was our
normal 5 playing, plus 2 trombones, trumpet, and soprano sax from the CFJB.
Note the mainly young crowd, the applause, a bit of chatter (it's not a
church, rather a club!), and some chaotic jazz!  You can see me in my
"leaders" stance trying to bring some order to the solos, etc!   :>

Cheers, Jim