[Dixielandjazz] Female bands and Male chauvinism

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 13:15:49 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/15/2011 11:50:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marekboym at gmail.com writes:

Having  heard some of the American all-girl bands I am sure they could
play as well  as anybody.

When I was in the Women's Army Corps Band in the late 60's when there was a
 Women's Army Corps and that was the only band a women could join in the
military  at that time, we had some musician that would put most to shame. The
only  problem some of them had was in their looks as most commercial
woman's bands had  to not only be talented but look the parts. Shame it isn't the
same with some of  the male musicians we have today. How would you like to
be judged not  on how well you played, but what you looked like before anyone
would  hire you?

Jazz Hugs

Judie