[Dixielandjazz] Creole Love Call

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 01:26:45 PDT 2011

Dear Steve,
I don't know whether Ellington composed Creole Love Call or not.  Nor
find it of great importance.
In the early period, which includes the 1930's, the Duke recorded lots
of tunes composed by others, and made them sound different than any
other renditions.  Should tose not be included among Ellington
classics?  Ellington's rendition of the Tiger Rag certainly stands
out!
Cheers