[Dixielandjazz] For Clarinet Lovers:

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 10 21:00:22 PDT 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Bill Haesler wrote:

> Stan Brager asked:
>> Where is the YouTube link to the solo?
>
> Dear Stan,
> Type <Bernard Berkhout & Eddie Daniels play Avalon> into YouTube and
> it is the first hit.
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezc1mQU3UB8
> Can't say that it does much for my mouldy old ears, apart from
> technique.
> *>)
> Very kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

Try this one for your moldy old ears.  Singer Lisa Nilsson with
Swedish master clarinetist Putte Wickman on "Unforgettable".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx19rPFEnU0

Too bad not many Americans know about Mr. Wickman. He is superb. For a
better listen to this man's genius, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvc3ME2kDGk  (probably much too modern
for your ears but great technique)

Or here on "Just Friends" with Eddie Daniels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfdB3q3-fko&feature=related

And there was always Ake "Stan" Hasselgard, another Swede. Hear him on
Sweet Lorraine at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7FeNzmQDuc

and Ove Lind, another Swede. Hear him swing on "Swing in F" (Teddy
Wilson on piano) at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVeQ65CkbGg

Lots of GREAT JAZZ around from lots of great European players. Trad
and otherwise.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband