[Dixielandjazz] Ina Ray Hutton

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sat Jul 9 16:22:55 PDT 2011

Thanks for the list of all-women bands although one of my favorites is missing - the International Sweethearts of Rhythm. This one was also a jazz big band with some excellent soloists. They made several recordings through their years of existence and they can also be seen on a few video clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNjAmQmq90

Here's a program featuring the remaining members of the band in 2011 talking about their experiences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cjmg8Jepvw&feature=related

Stan
Stan Brager