[Dixielandjazz] Promote your conceert via Patch

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 09:41:04 PDT 2011

One way to promote your local concerts in the Park etc., where general
audience congregate is via "Patch". Many towns in the USA have local
Patch blogs on the internet which detail local events in that town.

Barbone Street has recently had articles and listings about local
concerts on "Patch" in West Chester PA and Moorestown NJ. For an
example, about tonight's concert, see:

http://moorestown.patch.com/

Now unfortunately they used an out of balance you tube of the band
from several years ago, but no matter. It will generate some extra
audience for us.

What is "Patch"? See:

http://www.patch.com/about

I strongly urge band leaders to check out "patch" in your areas/
venues. For example, simply google search <San Francisco CA Patch> and
you come up with:

http://southsanfrancisco.patch.com/

http://pacifica.patch.com/

http://losaltos.patch.com/

You can post your events in these towns and many others if you take
the time to search out patch in your areas. It is a great way to
generate more audience, younger audiences, and people who are just
regular folks., not specifically jazz mavens.

At our Exton Concert last week, I asked from the stage how many people
had seen our listing in the West Chester Patch. West Chester is the
town next to Exton. About 30 people raised their hands.

I suspect that "Patch" locations will; grow rapidly over the next year
or two.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband