[Dixielandjazz] Kashishian, Capital Focus JB and Dave Robinson in Madrid

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 13:03:46 PDT 2011

To:  DJML & Jim Kashishian

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Kash wrote ( snip)

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:55:26 +0200

From: "Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com>

>The Canal Street Jazz Band of Madrid recently had as guests all 12 members
of the Capital >Focus Jazz Band. This band is a group of young men (aged 17
to 22 in this instance) from >Washington D.C. These young musicians are part
of the Youth Learning Program of the Potomac >River Jazz Club. It was great
fun to have them with us, and we certainly enjoyed their >enthusiasm.

>Congrats to leader (cornetist & DJML lurker) Dave Robinson for all of his
efforts.

Jim:  Thanks for report on your group and Capital Focus Jazz Band & Dave
Robinson.

Hope Dave is lurking now, as he's not good about replying directly to
e-mails. Best of luck to both of you and to the Capital Focus JB. Dave is
certainly a dedicated, hard worker for jazz and jazz education.