[Dixielandjazz] Pinto Pammy

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jul 2 14:42:59 PDT 2011

Introducing Pinto Pammy

>From another email list:

I'd like
to introduce a wonderful singer who happens to be a tad country-ish. Her name is
Pinto Pammy and she is the vocalist for SF Bay Area guitarist Bruce Forman's Cow
Bop group. Don't be put off by the band's name. You might think of the band as the
Hot Club of Bob Wills. They do have a Western Swing feel, with the emphasis on swing,
but they also (thanks especially to Forman) incorporate the influence of more modern
jazz music.
I just got and have really been enjoying their new CD, "Too Hick For The Room". It's
available at CD Baby:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cowbop
I'd recommend listening to the samples of "Comes Love" and "It's a Sin to Tell a
Lie" to hear a bit of Pinto Pammy's vocal style. She sings on all the tunes except
"El Cumbanchero". On "Alabamy Bound", they overdub her voice to create a sort of
Mary Ford effect. I really like her singing and since the band covers a number of
"standards', I thought others here might enjoy it as well.
If you buy your music as by-the-track downloads, I'd really recommend "Besame Mucho"
which has pianist Roger Kellaway as a special guest.
More about the band here:
http://cowbop.com/about.html

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Politicians and diapers should be changed often and for the same reason."