[Dixielandjazz] Billie and Louis

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 1 14:46:43 PDT 2011

Robert Ringwald wrote:
> On September 30, 1949, Billie and Louis Armstrong recorded two duets, "My Sweet Hunk o' Trash" and "You Can't Lose a Broken Heart" which were released as a 78 RPM single. Now you can find them on the 2-CD Billie Holiday set, "The Complete Decca Recordings."

Dear Bob,
That set has been around for many years and it is great to see it resurface again.
And from Decca itself.
For those wondering what is there here are the details from the Worlds Records site:
"2-CD set. Nothing has been omitted: takes never before issued, alternate takes heard for the first time, breakdowns in the middle of the session, chatter, obscure songs and all her classic recordings. Digital remastering captures every musical nuance of the 50 tracks that represent 36 songs plus 10 previously unissued versions and four rare, alternate takes. Along with the music there is a special interview with Holiday's producer, Milt Gabler and rare, archival photos in a historical package."
For the track listing refer:
   http://www.worldsrecords.com/cgi-bin/storeR.cgi/specific=itemcode&phrase=1872&cart_id=07-01-11.21233
Very kind regards,
Bill.