[Dixielandjazz] Roy Eldridge

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 31 06:40:05 PST 2011

http://www.jazzonthetube.com/page/696.html

the above link arrived without reference to which of Roy's birthdays it would
have been,  but there's an hour or two of clips YouTube and otherwise with the
last five the most eco-friendly BBC feature on Roy -- eco-friendly because it
recycles the Charles Fox interview from long before. They were both Jabbo Smith
fans, and Roy enthused about what a great trombonist Jabbo had been as well as
trumpeter.
The sequence opens with Roy onstage at Ryan's and someone else can tell me about
the personnel.

As I recall, when Roy departed the BBC simply broadcast his appearance on Marion
McPartland's piano jazz NPR series.