[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Callas playing the wire brushes

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:39:42 PST 2011

I've got a VHS tape kicking around here somewhere that is a tribute to Frank
Sinatra by several of his fellow performers.

Charlie, doing his famous George Jessel,impersation delivered a eulogy as if
Frank were already dead that almost had Sinatra on the floor with laughter

Does anyone remember a TV series he appeared in with Tony Curtis about
grifters?  It would alternate Sundays with McCloud, Columbo and McMillan &
Wife but not as frequently  Don't remember if it even lasted a season as it
might possibly have been too similar to "Switch" which starred Eddie Albert
& Robert Wagner.

I think Tony (born Bernard Schwartz) had an Irish name which was the name of
the program.but we're really going back several years

Tides
HC.

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts