[Dixielandjazz] Peter Clayton

John Blegen jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 22 14:45:14 PST 2011

About the Hamfats, a thoughtful young man named Arlo Leach recently put on a
benefit concert to raise money for graves markers  for the McCoy brothers (the
leaders of the Hamfats).  It was held last October at the Old Town School of
Folk Music in Chicago.  The concert featured the music of the McCoy brothers
performed by a variety of musicians.  Cornetist Andy Schum and I were in the
house band.  If you're interested in a CD of the performance (proceeds go to the
grave marker project), here's the URL:

http://www.mccoybrotherstribute.com/

 John Blegen, clarinet
Evanston, IL, USA