[Dixielandjazz] Whattem chu....

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jan 21 01:18:44 PST 2011

>Merwyn Bogue, who under the name Ish Kabibble, along with Ginny Simms.
recorded "Three Little Fishes" with Kyser's orchestra in 1939. Who among us
can ever forget those memorable lyrics, "boop boop dittem dattem whattem
chu"?

I remember those lyrics, but not from the original recording (I'm not that
old!).  I remember my mother (now 94 & well!) sang them to me.  She also
played violin & slide guitar (guitar on lap & a steel bar in her left hand).
I have both instruments now.  The guitar is a 1925 Martin.

Jim