[Dixielandjazz] Red Price

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 13:45:32 PST 2011

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the update. red was a fine player and Harry Bence always had good
bands, which weren't necessarily jazz groups, but which were generally full
of good jazz players. In Harry's latter days, he was living in Scotland and
a pal in the business here talks of him calling Body and Soul in B natural
and other unusual keys just because he was fed up playing it in Db all the
time. I guess my friend heard Red with the Jamestown Five, as he described
it as a jazz group, and he'd have known Harry, but didn't mention him.

Regards,

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk