[Dixielandjazz] With The big Bands

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:18:29 PST 2011

Thanx for the tip, Steve

Of course, now I have another place to spend hours upon hours on in addition
to YouTube.

I brought up #41 cause "Butterball" has always been one of my favorite
trumpeters and the interview was rather interesting.  Regrettably, of all
the versions  he recorded of "What's New" they did not feature the best; it
was probably recorded with his own postwar orchestra but was no match for
the one done with Crosby.

I have those albums he cut as part of a sextet in the early 50s at 4 NJ
college campuses..

Since they were recorded on the no longer existent Essex label (where Bill
Haley got his start) I suspect they might bring a decent hunk of change but
as you know, I never collect anything because of it's real or potential
value

Some people wonder why I have a 12" one-sided Caruso, about double the
thickness of a normal 78 just hanging on the wall.  My answer is simply "I
just have it so I can have it"

Tides
HC.

--