[Dixielandjazz] Living in Denial about jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 16:28:29 PST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 6:42 PM, Bill Haesler wrote:

> Dear Steve,
> Yep.
> The latest Worlds Records New Releases listing just came through:
>   http://www.worldsrecords.com/catalog/apr11-2.html
> And guess what?
> Apart from the Chick Webb 4CD set and the Freddy Green CD (I have
> the LP), I do not consider any of the CDs on this current list to be
> jazz.
> Denial?
> I guess so.
> *>)

Dear Bill:

Wot? No Conrad Gozzo?

Folks can hear the Goz on a one hour radio program from New Britain
Connecticut USA, (his birthplace) done years ago.

http://www.goldenage-wtic.org/BB13_Conrad_Gozzo.mp3

Fantastic musician who Woody Herman, among other band leaders, adored.
What ever it is that he played, it was fantastic.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband