[Dixielandjazz] Early jazz recording

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:45:51 PST 2011

Speaking of early recording, jazz or otherwise, I remember reading
somewhere, possibly Wikipedia,. that the artist who  painted a picture of
his dog listening to a speaker, initially submitted it to the Edison
Company.

They scoffed at the possibility of using it as their logo, saying that it
was ridiculous for anyone to think that a dog would be listening to "his
master's voice" through a speaker.

Of course, he sometime later submitted it to the Victor Talking Machine
Company, and I'm sure you all know the rest of the story.
BTW, if it ever comes up as a trivia question, the dog's name was
Nipper..............maybe now you're ready to appear on "Jeopardy"

Tides
HC

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts