[Dixielandjazz] just a question, help greatly appreciated

J. D. Bryce brycejd at comcast.net
Mon Jan 17 20:31:13 PST 2011

Bert:

Thank you.  I had not heard that Grofe later did symphonic arrangements of the Rhapsody.

Back in the 1970's Benny Goodman did a broadcast of the Rhapsody using Grofe's original Whiteman Band arrangement.  I believe Martin Gould was the pianist.  I know Warren Vache played the lead cornet part.  It was very interesting to hear the original....rather different from what we normally hear today.

Again,

Thank You

J.D. Bryce