[Dixielandjazz] banjo/tuba

Rick rickz at usermail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:25:31 PST 2011

It is apparent that many of our listeroos think
that all of Dixieland's roots are in New Orleans.

Oh  Contrare!!

In the 20's, people all over the country were
buying records and listening to the radio.   The
most popular band was
The Coon-Sander's Nighthawks.   You can read about
it here on Red Hot Jazz.   It was called
"The Band that Made Radio!!"
http://redhotjazz.com/coonsanders.html

My favorite tune, and one of their best-sellers,
has never been covered, as far as I know.

It's called "Here comes my ball and chain."

You an find it in their songlist on Red Hot Jazz.

Alternately, write me, and I'll send you a copy as
an attachment.

rickz at usermail.com

After I get my Colorado Nighthawks website back
up, you can listen to it there.

Rick

PS:   Listen to that banjo & tuba, and Carleton
Coon's WONDERFUL splash cymbal.