[Dixielandjazz] Requesting any background information on two reed players.

John and Sidnee Fortier jsfortier at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 13 12:05:27 PST 2011

Can anyone on this list give me any background information on John McCarthy of Australia or Leif Sivertsson, now from Denmark, originally Sweden?  I am particularly interested in their birth dates, whether or not they are still living (I'm pretty sure that Leif is) and a little about their backgroud experience, musical background, etc.  I am doing research on jazz clarinet players around the world.  I know that Sivertsson plays for the Storyville Jazz Band in Denmark.  Am also aware that John McCarthy played with Dalwitz Big Band and with Bob Barnard for a time.  John Fortier