[Dixielandjazz] De Lovely

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:44:40 PST 2011

With Cole Porter being my all-time favorite lyricist, I also  enjoyed the
movie immensely.

As Rick said, "it pulled no punches".

I can't recall even the slightest implication that he was bisexual in the
earlier bio "Night and Day" which starred Cary Grant..........but then
again, that was filmed in the mid-forties and possibly Hollywood didn't feel
that we were ready for such a revelation

The latter certainly didn't lack for musical numbers.......a wonderful
presentation, indeed

Now, if only someone would film a bio of the much neglected and underrated
Mildred Bailey, Harry would be one happy camper.

Tides
HC.

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts