[Dixielandjazz] Coleman Hawkins & Dixieland

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 07:33:40 PST 2011

> Bill Haesler wrote [in part]:
>> However, if you want hot Hawkins try this one:
>>  http://www.mainely-jazz.com/rhsongs/songframes.html
>> "Hello, Lola". The Mound City Blue Blowers.
>
> Dear Steve,
> Not a direct link.
> Try this one:
>   http://redhotjazz.com/songs/mound/hellolola.ram
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

Thanks. I had already found it by searching the Original Link you
provided,  http://www.mainely-jazz.com/rhsongs/songframes.html,  under
"H".

Great site which I was unaware of. (or had forgotten) Thank you for
that link. Wonderful to hear Bean in Dixieland context. One of the
Dixieland songs I got to play with him was "The Chant". Band leader
asked him beforehand if he knew it and with a shocked look on his
face, he replied: "Of course, we often played in  Henderson's Band."

Polite disagreement: Bean's Body and Soul is the greatest thing since
sliced bread. <grin> Of course that kind of comparative statement is
really nonsense unless one has heard or seen everything.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband