[Dixielandjazz] Unusual Dixieland Lineup

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 11 19:28:21 PST 2011

Stephen G Barbone wrote:
> Today I just came across this you tube of him on Sweet Georgia Brown. What a neat line up. Recorded in 1937 in Paris.
> Bill Haesler, do you have this record?

Dear Steve,
I certainly do.
Have had the whole session on an Australian Swaggie LP (now CD) since the 60s.
In fact, I believe I have all of the Hawk's recordings made up to mid 1942.
Plus a few after that.
Which still doesn't convince me that his 1939 "Body and Soul" is the great thing since slice bread.
8>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.