[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 9 13:48:04 PST 2011

Robert Ringwald advised [in part]:
> The "Rarities and Hits" collection is a valuable anthology of the entertainer ........
> Both the DVD and the CD also feature Prima's final musical and marital partner, the
> underappreciated singer Gia Maione.

Dear Bob,
A quick google does not indicate the current availability of this interesting DVD/CD package.
However, a Facebook link from 'Louis Prima, Jr. and the Witnesses featuring Sarah Spiegel' revealed:
"It will not be released until the PBS pledge drives are over. If you are in an area which is airing the special, you can call the station at any time to make a donation to PBS, and get the DVD. I will post as soon as it is released otherwise."
So it looks like we will have to wait awhile for its public release.
Kind regards,
Bill