[Dixielandjazz] Support Live Music

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 9 08:44:25 PST 2011

On Jan 9, 2011, at 10:45 AM, Harry Callaghan wrote:

> To all youse guys (I know my month isn't up yet)
>
> It might interest y'all to know that some of us "ultra hip elite"
> also have a great appreciation for the likes of Chopin,
> Rachmaninoff, etc.
>
> No "pigeon-holing" hyar.
>
> Tides
> HC

Dear Harry:

So to do the hoi polloi  (great unwashed, common people, proletariat,
herd etc.) have great appreciation for both Chopin et al, and Eddie
Condon et al. And they be

1) more numerous than youse.

2) spending more money than youse.

3) going out to more often to hear live music than youse.

Yes indeedy, they be the audience that supports LIVE jazz in the
neighborhoods.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband