[Dixielandjazz] Support Live Music

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 9 07:26:57 PST 2011

On Jan 8, 2011, at 7:46 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com
wrote:

> Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
>
> Marek Boym wrote [in part]:
>> This time the band had guests - Jeremiah (a black puppet) and his
>> friend Dr. Allan Blummenstyk (a dentist in real life).  I have
>> never heard a singing ventriloquist before, but he did a very good
>> job. Jeremiah spoke English and sang with a very American accent;
>> his "friend" spoke fluent Hebrew.  For "Hello Dolly" he brought
>> Dolly on stage, and sang in a female voice.  And he DID swing!
>
> Dear Marek,
> It sounds like a great act and in keeping with the musical
> performance.
> Jazz and humour always mix well, in the right situation.
> I'm sure our listmate Steve Barbone would approve.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

You can bet the farm I approve. The music never was, and never will
be . . . enough. Unless, of course, you are part of a VERY small
audience segment that has elevated what was once popular music to the
status of art music for art's sake, to appreciated only by the ultra
hip elite. <grin>

Jazz music is humor IMO.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone