[Dixielandjazz] Is Western Swing OKOM?

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Sun Jan 9 06:32:54 PST 2011

Hear, hear, Fred!  I went to the Sacramento festival last May for the
first time in many years, intending to listen to trad jazz and
ragtime.  At the pre-festival gathering of OKOM members, I heard
about the Quebe Sisters from one of our brethren.  I checked them out
. . . and fell in love.  I then stumbled across Billy Mata and also
was quite taken with his righteous Bob Wills-ness.  I ended up
hearing just about all of their sets that weekend.

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org