[Dixielandjazz] Sock Monkey in New Orleans

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 22:57:51 PST 2011

Hello list -
Last August I attended the first New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp.  It was a
blast and while I was there I
made a little video (with my sock monkey) of some of the places we visited and
things we saw.
I just finished editing all my footage and you can see my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxzum3vu2ok

I had so much fun that I'm planning on going back again this year.  They moved
the camp to June and if you'd like
to come along and join me (and sock monkey) at the camp this year then you can
find out more about it at
their website: http://www.neworleanstradjazzcamp.com/
If you don't  play an instrument, they have a package for music lovers so you
can come and enjoy the city
and take advantage of all the special events associated with the camp including
the private party at Preservation Hall
which was a real highlight for me (as you can see in the video.)
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Katie
Los Angeles, CA
 http://www.katiecavera.com